Sat, May 16|
Mx. Pride in the Valley Pageant
We strive to be an inclusive organization for the diverse LGBTQIA+ community we have in the Mahoning Valley and surrounding area. Our festival, Pride in the Valley, isn’t just for a specific part of this community, but rather a celebration of all of our differences and what makes us unique.
Time & Location
May 16, 2020, 10:00 PM – May 17, 2020, 2:00 AM
Club Switch, 221 Belmont Ave, Youngstown, OH 44502, USA
About the Event
We are excited to announce this year’s Pride in the Valley competition as one where drag excellence isn’t confined to a certain style or genre of artistic gender expression. ALL are welcome to compete for Mx. Pride in the Valley 2020! Now, break out your Converse, eyeliner, nail polish, razor cut hair, and checkered belts - because we are doing a “RAWRing Twenties” SCENE Theme! -_\\ XD
Don’t confuse this theme with the Roaring 20s, these 20s are RAWRing! There will be no Flappers here...just 2000s Emo & Scene Kids please!
- Hosted by Kage Kraven.
- Honoring Miss Pride in the Valley 2019, Eva Destruction.
INFO FOR CONTESTANTS:
- Drag Queens, Drag Kings, Bio/Real Girl Queens, All Trans-Identifying Performers, Female or Male Impersonators, and Alternative Entertainers are welcome! Due to the requirements of the title holder and the image of our organization, we regretfully will not allow exclusively burlesque or stripping performers to compete.
- $25 Pre-Registration, $30 Day-Of Registration by 8:30PM. Register via https://fullspectrumcommunity.regfox.com/pitv-pageant-2020 or at Club Switch. Registration capped at 10 competitors.
- Categories: Presentation with Q&A, Evening Wear, and Talent. Theme scored in ALL categories. *Our basis for Evening Wear should consist of cocktail-attire within theme.
- Judges will be comprised of local members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Prize package including hosting Pride in the Valley 2020 on June 20th, optional hosting of Pride in the Valley Kick Off and/or After Parties, $100 cash at crowning, $100 cash at step down, crown, sash, social media promotion, and local bookings (to be announced soon).
- Winner must have availability to attend other Full Spectrum Community Outreach events throughout the year when requested in advance and able.